Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 36 & 37

Well, it's been quite an interesting few weeks for me. This week (week 38 has been even more interesting) but alas this is a recap of the 2 previous weeks. I am now at weekly doctors visits, and for the last 2 visits I have been 1cm dilated and 50% effacement. My doctor told me at my visit 2 weeks ago, that she didn't think I would make it to 40 weeks, which made me really happy, but then after last weeks appointment with no progress, I got a little discouraged. I know she will come when she's ready, but dangitall, we're ready and the waiting game is crazy. I have been less and less active as the weeks tick by. It's getting harder and more uncomfortable to move around. I started doing nightly squats and sitting/bouncing on a yoga ball. I heard these things can help get Zobot into the correct position and possible help for an easier labor.

Most recent bump pic. 

I don't really have much more to say, thanks to the fact that I am writing this post 2 weeks later and honestly can't remember much of what happened (not necessarily because of pregnancy brain, I'm just forgetful). I stopped wearing my fitbit because of the lovely rash that has taken residence all over my body because of pregnancy, so I don't have a detailed account of what I did each day as far as staying active. I know if week 36 I was active maybe 4 out of 7 days and last week I was active even less. As I mentioned earlier, it's getting harder to lug this bump around. I still haven't really experienced any swelling at all which I am thankful for and still no major heartburn. Besides just being large and in charge, my only other real discomfort is the rash. It itches all over my body, except for my stomach where it burns. It's worse when I put/get anything on it (including water). I starting rubbing Vaseline on my belly and it seems to help a bit.

That's all I have for now.

1 comment:

  1. Great post you have shared about your pregnancy update. As we know ultrasound is used to view internal organ, fetal development, etc. MSK ultrasound Auckland provides you all the types of ultrasound & pregnancy scan facilities.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 RUNderful Mama
| Template by Sora Templates